2015 Call for Board Nominations
The Women Former Students’ Network (WFSN) seeks board members to lend their passion, commitment, and expertise toward helping the WFSN achieve its mission and goals. The WFSN is interested in recruiting board members who will have a personal commitment to the goals and mission of the WFSN and who desire to be part of a “hands on” board. The WFSN organizational culture is collaborative, hands on, unpretentious and energizing! This is a wonderful opportunity to be connected with other interesting, smart, creative, passionate Aggie Women. Board members will have the opportunity to help the WFSN grow into a nationally recognized organization, impacting the lives of thousands of Aggie Women. The major goals of the WFSN, created upon the establishment of the organization in 2008 include:
- Support and engage women former students of Texas A&M University from across the U.S. and around the world;
- Recognize the achievement of women former students;
- Mentor graduate and undergraduate women students;
- Support the women faculty and shine a light on the academic distinction they bring to Texas A&M University; and
- Celebrate diversity and inclusion as paths to greatness.
Each board member agrees to play an active role, including a leadership position, in an area of responsibility which will help the WFSN reach its goals. Activities include the following Committees and Programs:
- Membership Committee
- Mentoring Committee and Program
- Marketing and Communications Committee
- Philanthropy and Development Committee
- Nominating Committee for board members and officers
- Finance Committee
- Program Committee (e.g., annual meeting)
- Website development and maintenance
- WFSN’s Legacy Awards, Eminent Scholar Award, and other awards for former students
Board Member Responsibilities Board members must be willing to perform the duties outlined below as well as assume the legal and fiduciary responsibility for the organization. A board member must have the passion for tradition and excellence and have a dedication to the educational, charitable and cultural life of Texas A&M University. The WFSN seeks members who are willing to pass along their valuable insights and inspiration to all Aggie Women – from one generation to the next.
- Choose and be accountable for an area of Board responsibility (see above)
- Attend and participate in all regularly scheduled Board meetings, planning sessions, and retreats; and attend and participate in Committee Meetings
- Serve a three-year term of Board membership
- Be available as a resource for the WFSN: Provide counsel, ideas for accessing public or private funds, services, or links to services helpful to the organization
- Monitor and evaluate all the WFSN policies and programs, and evaluate and monitor the financial position of the WFSN
- Submit a letter of interest to the Nominating Committee of the WFSN’s Board of Directors, expressing the following:
- Why and how you, as a board of director, would help the WFSN achieve its goals and mission?
- Which committee or program you would be interested in leading or participating in for the board?
- Which areas of expertise you would bring to the board?
- Description of other board or committee experiences you have (non-profit, corporate, or advisory boards) and the contributions you made.
- Provide a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Provide any other information that demonstrates your commitment and passion to the mission of the WFSN and to Texas A&M University.
- Confirm your current membership in the Association of Former Students.
- Provide a picture suitable for publication in print and online materials.
Submit Application Materials as Required Above Electronically to email@example.com by November 10, 2014