2023 Aggie Women Wine Label Artwork Submission Guidelines
The Aggie Women Network invites Aggie Women students and Aggie Women Former Students to enter the 2023 Aggie Women Network Wine Label Artist Competition. Winning artwork will be featured on the 2023 Aggie Women Wine Label. All submitted artwork will feature Texas A&M University-related images that embody the 2023 Women’s Leadership Reception theme.
March: 2023 Women’s Leadership Reception theme "Excellence in Leadership"
May 15: Submission deadline
June 15: Winner notified
June 30: Deadline to mail original artwork to the Aggie Women Network
Aug. 25: Original artwork featured as a silent auction item for the Aggie Women Network.
Sept. 7: Women’s Leadership Reception – Artwork unveiled on the 2023 Aggie Women Wine bottles and artist introduced.
Artist will be invited to attend the speaker dinner on Aug. 31, 2023, at 6 p.m. and to the reception on Sept. 7 from 5:45 - 7:30 p.m. to be available to autograph bottles sold that night.
Submissions should include a high-resolution image of the original artwork.
- Medium for final artwork is open to any 2D medium including but not limited to watercolor, oil, pastel, pencil, acrylic, collage, multimedia and digital art.
- Entry CANNOT contain faces of real people, brand marks of Texas A&M University, logos, weaponry or words and cannot have any associations with political events or politicians.
- Physical artwork must be the original of the digital submission. No prints accepted.
Submit artwork to email@example.com no later than May 15, 2023.
The artwork selected for the wine label will become the exclusive property of the Aggie Women Network. The artist will retain the right to use the images of the artwork for their portfolios but images or prints of the artwork cannot be sold or used by entities other than the Aggie Women Network.
Winning artwork should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 10612
College Station, Texas 77842
Tips for a successful Entry:
- The winning artwork will be reduced to fit on than Aggie Women wine label created by the Messina Hof marketing and design team. Cropping may occur. Wine bottle labels typically are sized at 3” x 4.5.” Physical artwork submitted should not exceed 3’ x 3’.
- High contrast is important. Printing a label-sized version of the artwork is suggested to get a visual of what it might look like upon completion.
- Artwork will be selected for the 2023 Aggie Women Network wine label based on the following considerations:
- Adherence to the 2023 Women’s Leadership Reception theme: "Excellence Through Leadership"
- Reducibility for intended use on label
- Quality of the work
- Overall impression
Winning Artist Compensation:
- The honor of being the featured artist for 2023.
- A framed 2023 wine label featuring the name of the artist and the title of the piece.
- A case of the Aggie Women Artist label series wine. (If the artist is 21 years old or older)
- Artwork featured on the Aggie Women Network website.
- Invitation to the Women’s Leadership Reception speaker dinner hosted at the Vintage House Restaurant at the Messina Hof Winery and Resort in Bryan the week before the reception.
- Invitation to the Women’s Leadership Reception hosted at the Messina Hof Winery and Resort in Bryan on Sept. 7, 2023.
- Recognition at the Women’s Leadership Reception.
- Social media recognition and online exposure vis postings and mentions of artist name and artwork on all Aggie Women Network and Messina Hof social media platforms.